Revision as of 22:31, 20 May 2015 by Andreas Piehler
- Understanding the structure and dynamics of metabolic control systems (MCSs), gene regulatory networks (GRNs), protein interaction networks (PINs)
- How can we deal with small copy numbers of molecules and its effects (beakdown of: -the law of large numbers -law of diffusion -law of mass action, concept of equilibrium becomes shaky)? Can new concepts help us understand what determines cell fate?
- How does the dynamics of a network change throughout the parameter space? What are evolutionary constraints that confine the parameter space? (see also network motifs, pareto front)
- Can control theory be used to identify the network structure and parameters through experiments (Realization, System Identification, Pulse response)?
- How can the concentration and interaction of metabolites, transcripts, proteins, ... be measured - how do we derive the network structure and dynamics efficiently? (microarrays, sequencing, qPCR, fluorescent reporters, FRET, Luciferase, 13C MFA, Mass Spectrometry, Chromatography, FACS, Surface Plasmon Resonance, ...)